The Comps are in 6 weeks

6 WEEKS PEOPLE!!!

Hey guys, if we haven't already started, we've got to start giving our all for Canoeing. I know sometimes we feel like we're not in the mood to train, cos we're tired or whatever, but whether we're in the mood or not, the 6 weeks will become 5, and 5 weeks will become 4, and so on...and on competition day, right after our race, we might think "I could have been so much faster...all those training days when I could have put in more effort...I had such a good chance...I might have got the gold". Then we break down and dissolve into tears.

Guys, you already know that by then, it's too late. What we need to do now, is to train hard right now, put every single bit of effort into it so that when the race is over, we can tell ourselves, "we didn't get the gold, but so what? I gave everything I had."

Believe me, that feels better than "I could have won gold if I had just put in a little more effort."

There are times when we tell ourselves, "I will go for training. I will train hard. I will push myself till my guts spill out. Just not today. I'm too tired." I've felt that before too. But then again, if not now, then when???

My dad told me some time ago about this concept. It's called 'Hero of the minute'. It goes like this: just for a particular moment, do what you're supposed to do.

E.g. I'm set my alarm to 6am for every morning. The problem is, sometimes (ok fine, all the time), I hear my alarm, wake up, feel groggy, and then shut my alarm and go back to sleep. How does being the Hero of the Minute help here? When I wake up, however sleepy I feel, however much I yearn to plonk myself back down on my bed, I get up and brush my teeth.

It's as simple as that. Just for that particular moment, do what you're supposed to do. Whenever you're in the middle of Macritchie doing a 2km timing, and feel like giving up, or already have given up, be the Hero of the Minute. Just keep going. At the end of the race,

1) You'll feel proud of yourself for pushing yourself.
2) You'll forgot all about the pain you felt during the race.

If you're in a dilemma about going for training or not one fine day (when you know you should be going), be the Hero of the Minute. Just go.

Guys, there all only 6 weeks left. ORA ORA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!

Peter

0 comments:

Try venting your frustration here

TILT IT!

Tag along!


We all know we love Bubblewrap

Meet The Team!

ALVAN the Imba Math Genius,
ISAAC the Gentle DoTArd GIANT,
ZEUS the Cool dude,
GLEN the Talented Mat-style Braa-derrrr!,
CLEON the AHEM-Joker,
FEN YIT the Cyborg monkey,
XIN YANG the Eccentric vice-cap,
ROY the Hardworking twin,
NICHOLAS the Awesome Model Captain,
MATTHEW the Very Cool Bo-chap Cucumber,
RYAN the Cheery chubby butt,
ZE JIE the Pocket Hercules,
JOEL the er....whatever,
JAVINN the P-P-P-P-P-P-P-Poker-face :D ,
JON the Enthu Artist,
KEVIN the Chubby DoTArd (: ,
RUSSELL the Soccer pro twin,
QIN HONG the Humorous 'n Blur,
TIMOTHY the other Cool dude,
PETER the Friendliest,Most patient ROCK!

The most colourful team you'll ever see(:


Template Brought by :

blogger templates